Publishing your valuable content as an unsecured PDF file can leave it open to grave risk. The unsecured digital content stands at risk of being copied and duplicated numerous times in a matter of seconds, thus leaving any sensitive information open to piracy.
It would help if you had the right reliable document security solution to secure your valuable information. In the wake of data breaches, fine and leaks could lend damage to your copyrighted brand and reputation and ultimately loss of revenue. It is imperative to protect your information from these risks when distributing your PDF files.
Protecting PDF files with passwords
Using passwords to protect your PDF files can be a dangerous option, especially if you’re only going to rely on passwords as the sole security solution for your PDF documents. This is because:
- Permitted users could share the password with others and thus your information is now available to unintended recipients.
- Password recovery software readily available on the Internet for free can remove passwords on PDFs.
- Adobe PDF permissions such as stop copying, printing, and other features can easily be removed even without the use of third-party tools.
- With a password, any user can unprotect the PDF and leave the document vulnerable to exposure and manipulation.
PDF DRM: a secure alternative to PDF password protection
PDF DRM Security is a robust PDF encryption solution that protects your PDF files proactively at all times. It applies layers of security and encryption to travel with the document and keep your PDF file safe at all times from both unauthorized user access and misuse of document content by authorized users.
The right PDF DRM solution will protect your PDF files with AES encryption and give you control over how your secured documents and content is being accessed and shared. You can set limits on the number of views, printing, access, expiry dates and more, giving you complete control over how your PDF documents can be used. You can define your PDF DRM policy and set up your workflow for better productivity and profitability. With PDF DRM, you can:
- Prevent or revoke access to printing and copying.
- Prevent or block annotations or highlights.
- Enable limited prints or/and a prespecified number of viewing limits.
- Set expiry dates, instantly revoke access and more.
To see how easy and straightforward it is to secure your PDF file, here’s an example of how you can protect your PDF document with suitable PDF DRM security.
- Choose the PDF document you wish to secure.
- Select the PDF security controls you want to administer, such as:
- prevent printing, allow printing or restrict the number of parents to be taken.
- Apply dynamic watermarks so that user information is automatically inserted when the PDF is viewed or printed.
- Set PDF expiration controls on a specific date, prespecified number of viewings, prints or days from the time the document is opened.
- Set screen grabbing controls that can prevent the use of third-party screen grabbers, Windows print screens and even remote connections.
PDF DRM security will further allow you to lock your PDF files to specific devices to prevent sharing beyond the permitted user. And since there are no passwords for users to enter, manage or remove, the worry of password hacking is also eliminated. With PDF DRM security, you can be assured of more than just password protection with complete PDF security no matter how your PDF documents are distributed.
Its detailed analytics helps you track any individual or entity accessing your protected content. This also includes how many times the user viewed, opened and accessed the file, at what date and time, from which IP address, browser, application and device, and much more.
With PDF DRM security, you can secure, control and track your sensitive PDF files no matter where they reside — whether in transit or when in use on any device.
PDF DRM security protects the content in your protected PDF file throughout the entire document lifecycle. It encrypts files securely and adds granular controls thus providing complete control over your PDF content. You can choose to limit editing, copying, printing and prevent unauthorized sharing and distribution of your PDF documents. By enforcing the highest level of protection to PDF files, PDF DRM helps you manage document threats, prevent data breaches, stop piracy and theft, protect IPR and revenue, and much more.
When it comes to preserving your content and your business, you need robust and user-friendly PDF DRM software that is easy to use but at the same time supported by strong security, controls and features that you can trust. The right DRM solution that is feature-rich should be simple to use and give you a complete suite of controls beyond DRM. With encryption, access and licensing control, dynamic watermarking features, file tracking, expiry, revocation, and more, a single PDF security solution can ensure you don’t need to resort to spending exorbitant amounts of money to integrate different pieces of document security systems together.