InnerSloth, the creators of Among Us, has launched an update to their iconic video game. The upgrade would include new features such as an improved art design, a new meeting screen, new colors, and bug fixes and enhancements.
The developer has mentioned that it has not yet patched any of the identified bugs and will continue to address them in future game updates.
Plays in Among Us will now change their talk in Settings and their name in the Account menu.
InnerSloth has also patched a Nintendo Switch bug that allowed several users to log in to the same account, among other things. The developer is still working on adding download support for the Itch.io gaming app.
In addition, the developers have added a larger meeting screen as they intend to expand the lobbying capacity to 15 players. The revised art style that Among Us will use is one of the key features that will have an equal impact on both the front and back end. The creator stated that it would not significantly alter the game’s architecture but would make it simpler for the back end to create animations for the game. Here, let us find out how to update among us on different platforms.
Among Us How to Update on PC
If you own Among Us on PC, you have a few options for updating the game based on where you bought it. The simplest method is through Steam, but if you acquired it on Itch.io, the process isn’t all that difficult.
Suppose you have the Steam edition of Among Us. In that case, the game will automatically upgrade when an update is available, or it will notify you that an update is available whether you’d like to update it now, rather than boosting it when you use the internet the most.
The Steam version does allow you to download beta updates, which you can do while doing the following:
- Start Steam and navigate to your Library.
- Right-click on Among Us in the left sidebar.
- Choose a property from the list that exists.
- Select the betas page. Then choose public beta from the dropdown menu.
- Then press the close button. Following that, the game can immediately upgrade to the most recent beta.
If you purchased Among Us from itch.io, you may also get a Steam Key, which you can or may not use. If you do not use the Steam key, you must re-download the game whenever there is a new update. Since the game is already 61MB in size, this won’t be too long!
You can then move the new files into the old file position or copy them. Alternatively, you should uninstall the old version of the game and play with the new files. Under purchasing on the itch.io website, there should be a re-download button; it can either be forwarded to your inbox, or you can re-download it then and there.
How to Update Among Us on Android
You can upgrade Among Us on Android using one of two ways. The first and most basic method is to use the Play Store.
- Open the window and select the menu icon in the upper left corner.
- Select My applications & games. This will show a list of applications that have new updates available.
- Wait for the download to end before tapping the Update button next to Among.
The second form is more difficult. It includes .apk files for Among Us.
Locate the most recent one and tap the arrow icon on the right, followed by Download APK. It will open a new window; don’t be alarmed; this is usual.
- When the update is complete, tap Open File or locate it in your Downloads folder. Wait for the installation to complete. When it does, press the Done button.
That is what there is to it. Only be cautious about the files you copy from the internet.
Among Us on iPhone – How to Update
If you’ve shut off automatic notifications on your iPhone for whatever reason, the first move is to open the App Store.
- In the top left corner, tap on your profile button.
- Scroll down to the segment titled Available Updates.
- If an upgrade for Among Us is available for iOS, it will be included in the list.
- The process will begin when you tap the Update button next to the game’s icon.
Wait for it to end, and then you can play anytime you want. You will, of course, use the same device to update Among Us on your iPad. It’s just quite easy.
Update Among Us on Steam
The simplest way to upgrade Among Us on Steam is to allow automated updates. If you don’t, that’s fine; there are two simple ways to fix it manually. The first choice is to enter the Library and choose Among Us. If there is new content available, the green Play button will change to a blue Update button.
The second alternative is to pick Properties after right-clicking on Among Us in the Library. Click on the Local Files app, then on Verify game file integrity. This will cause Steam to search your game files to see if the version you have is obsolete. If it is, the update will be triggered. Simply wait for it to end, and you’re finished!