Overwatch is a game comprising a diverse cast of powerful heroes. This game is a colorful team-based shooter game. It is the fourth franchise of Blizzard.
To start to play this game, you need to choose a hero when you enter the contest. Whoever you want to be, you will have an overwatch hero representing you
The heroes or characters of Overwatch are incredibly diverse. There are four types of overwatch characters. These include offense, defense, tank, and support. The overwatch lineup is not mixed in just the characters but also the gender, country of origin, and sexual orientation.
All these qualities make this a progressive and open-minded game. Overwatch is not a game. An entire story department is dedicated to filling out the backstory of the characters and holds mentioned in the game.
It is popular amongst gamers because of the frequent updates of new game modes, new maps, and brand-new heroes. This game is made available for Xbox One, PS4, and PC. But there is no cross-platform play, so the gamers can only play with those who share the same console.
In this game, you are paired with various other players and made a part of a team. You go against another team in a variety of different game modes. The players are assigned into groups with six players each. The team has to compete against each other in map-specific objectives, and they are given a limited period.
Recently the gamers came across the game server connection failed overwatch issue. Players faced some common problems encountered while playing the game. These problems were that they were getting disconnected immediately when they tried logging into Overwatch.
Some also received an error “lost connection to the game server” as soon as they tried to log in. Overwatch was also getting stuck in a loop when players logged in.
Many gamers were surprised to see this. They all tried their best to resolve the issue individually. But when they were not resolved, they were upset. For any gamer, the continuity and reliability of the game are fundamental.
This game server connection failed and the overwatch issue was resolved. Given below are the steps and following them, you can also fix these issues if you are facing them.
Resolving the issue
First and foremost, begin by deleting the battle.net cash folder through the steps below:
- It would be best if you closed all blizzard games and the battle.net client.
- Now open the task manager by right-clicking the taskbar and selecting it. You can also complete this action by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc.
- After this, click on more details which will be available on the left-hand side.
- If you see that it is already opened in the detailed view, you need to go to the processes tab.
- Now you need to right-click and select and process all flow programs related to blizzard-like agent.exe and blizzard update agent.
- Press the Windows key + R and type %ProgramData%, and hit Enter key.
- Please search for the Blizzard Entertainment folder inside ProgramData and proceed to delete it.
- Now restart the Battle.net app and launch Overwatch and see what happens.
- The Game Server Connection Issue will most likely be resolved now.
Deleting your “C:\ProgramData” will not damage any of your game data. Deleting this folder will resolve many minor issues which are caused due to a corrupted cache folder or outdated files.
After following all these steps, your game server connection likely failed overwatch issue will be resolved. If that is not the case and you are still unable to connect to Overwatch, then follow the additional steps for battle.net lost connection error mentioned below:
- Begin by opening the Blizzard Battle.net client.
- Go to the Options menu and proceed to select Check for Updates. Make sure there are not any more Overwatch updates pending for you, to be precise.
- Now, open options, and below the Overwatch game title, you will see “Scan and Repair. “ Select it.
- Click Begin Scan and give time to finish the repair process.
- Power cycling your modem and router. You can do this by powering down it for 60 seconds.
- Restart modem and router. Give them time to boot till the front panel lights indicate a steady connection.
- Check whether all network Drivers are up to date.
- Use Blizzard’s network diagnostic tool Battle.net Looking-Glass to test the connection of your server.
- Select the region you are in, and run all the tests for Overwatch.
- Once your connection is stable, restart the Battle.net desktop client.
- Make sure you have selected the accurate region in Region / Account dropdown above the Play button.
- Now try Launching Overwatch. All significant issues will be resolved by now.
It is expected that the issue would have been resolved by deleting the battle.net cache folder. If that wasn’t the case, then additional steps were provided to fix the problem. Gamers were disappointed with the game server connection failed overwatch issue. With all this assistance, it is hoped that the server connection failure issues will be eliminated.
The resolution of the issue came as a relief to the users. Gamers can now enjoy one of their favorite games, Overwatch. They are hopeful that such problems won’t arise again, and if they do, they will be solved quickly.