While building your own personal computer, you might get stuck in choosing the wi-fi connectivity. Netizens around the world say, nowadays PCIe wi fi cards are more powerful than wireless USB connections.
If you are someone, who loves to play online PC games, then Peripheral Component Interconnect Express WiFi cards are the best option, to enjoy higher speeds and fast response through network connectivity while playing the games.
These wifi cards are known as Local Area Network
How do PCIe wifi cards help?
- These high – speed components help its users to have a standard interface.
- If you play online games seriously, then it is always better to choose PCIe wifi cards.
- PCIe wi fi cards is easy to install.
- It helps its users when to provide extra storage.
- It is used to give the machine additional input and output capabilities.
- It can be directly connected, to the processor of a computer.
- Data can be transferred with a speed of 132 megabytes through the basic PCI protocol.
Pros and Cons of PCIe wifi cards :
Before knowing the best PCIe wifi cards, let us know about the pros and cons of the wifi cards.
Pros of PCIe wifi cards:
- PCIe wifi cards are more powerful as compared to USB wireless.
- It is created with 2 or 3 antennas to create long-range signals while playing online games.
- It is easier for a smooth gaming experience.
- If you use it continuously for a longer period of time, it does not get overheated.
- However, its external antennas also help in providing 2x network coverage.
- The connections are always secure here. And the external antennas will be offering better signals than other USB wireless adapter.
- The Beamforming technology, which is inclined with wifi cards takes overall coverage of the network to the next level of the network.
- It provides proper stability, with the help of heat sink technology.
Cons of PCIe wifi cards :
While having, many pros of the wifi cards, at the same time you will be seeing so many cons of PCIe wifi cards.
- Sometimes, you may face inconsistent network coverage issues, that its high speed may become lower, then suddenly again high.
- If you are using Windows 10, then more installation steps and extra downloading options are required to complete the installation process.
- If you have a Linux operating system, you can not run this wifi card. Sometimes, you may find the solution but most of the time you will end up seeing connectivity issues and errors.
- Few types of wi-fi cards, do not even support Bluetooth connectivity.
- Sometimes, the drivers of your computer may fall to recognize the wireless PCIe card.
- Sometimes, the connectivity might lag while operating.
- Especially, when you are a fan of a MOBA genre game, then you may face connection issues for having multi-players.
- Wireless card has a USB port
- You may need to send reports while facing connectivity issues.
- The challenging steps, while adapting the installations may give you a daunting.
We hope that you have accumulated an idea about the pros and cons of PCIe wifi cards. Now, we are going to discuss the best PCIe wifi cards.
Best PCIe wifi cards :
Let us find the top 15 PCIe wifi cards!
1. Asus PCE – AC 68 Wireless PCI express adapter
This PCI adapter card provides the fastest network ever. It helps the users to feel the essence of the speeds in great MBPS while playing any online game. You will see no problem while using ethernet cables. This wifi card can be used in different operating systems. Whether you use Windows or Linux operating systems, but this a compatible card with any operating system.
- When you do video streaming, it provides a 150 Mbps band with a wireless connection.
- There is a flexibility of huge data transmission, due to the antennas.
- Network Signal strength is such great that you can use it in any place of your choice.
- Though it gives you total network connection, while installing the adapter, you might feel some issues along. Other, than that it works perfectly fine.
2. Asus PCE – AC88 Dual-Band 4×4 AC3100 wifi PCIe Adapter with Heat sink and External Magnetic Antenna.
This PCIe adapter gives you proper network signals. It will transfer data at over 100 Mbps. But sometimes, if your operating system is windows 10, it may not recognize the card, while booting up. But this card is reliable for a longer period of time.
- It is the fastest wireless adapter. It supports 5G. Also, it will give you a super-fast network connections experience, while using it.
- It is costly as compared to other PCIe wifi cards.
- Though it gives you a high network connection, sometimes it pops up with the message of ‘can’t connect’.
3. TP-Link TL – WN881ND N300 PCI – E Wireless wifi network adapter card for pc
If you are looking for lag-free internet connection, then without causing any doubt you can choose this. It is one of the best PCIe adapters from TP-Link that with bandwidth up to 300 Mbps.
- You will find flexibility while using it.
- It has detachable antennas.
- It is a completely user-friendly wifi card, that helps the users with the installation process, you will not require any expert helps while installing this.
- It helps in easy gaming and streaming.
- Though it gives wifi speed up to 300 Mbps, sometimes you may face inconsistent network issues.
4. Feb Smart PCI Express wifi Bluetooth Adapter for windows
It is a small adapter and it is easy to install with standard and compact size brackets. Windows 7 is the more advisable operating system for this PCIe wifi card. The instruction guides for the users are clearly written.
- It is easy to install and the price is also reasonable.
- It provides blazing fast internet connections to the users.
- Clear and concise instructions are available.
- Very powerful RX and TX with this unit, which you can put it in a hard spot to reach the coverage.
- You may feel a little problem while screwing in the coaxial cables into the cards.
5. ASUS PCE – AC 56 DUAL – BAND 2X2 AC1300 WIFI PCIe Adapter with heat sink detachable antenna
It has great sensitivity. When Ethernet cables do not connect well in some places. It is not fairly compatible with the operating system Windows 10. Windows 8.1 is recommended for this wifi card, to have a perfect experience. The speed will be good, with consistency.
- You can steam download a game
- At the same, you can open so many applications, without noticing any giant problems.
- If you are using the operating system Windows 10, then it is not recommended. Because many people are finding it a little tough to handle with Windows10.
6. ASUS PCE – AC51 AC 750 Wireless Dual – Band PCIe Adapter :
Asus will wonder you with top-grade performance. This dual-band PCI adaptor has x1, x2, x8, or x16 slots which helps in fitting compatibility. Its internet speed ranging from 2.4GHz to 5GHz while playing online video games.
- It will give you better functionality, high-speed wireless connectivity, and reliability.
- It has a completely user-friendly interface.
- As it is a dual-band wifi card, it makes the system lag-free.
- A good end to end encryption system.
- While installing the driver, you may face a little daunting.
7. TP-LINK TL WN881 ND Wireless N300
This wifi card will fulfill all the desires of a gamer by providing excellent internet speed without any lags. This is one of the best and most recommended PCIe wifi cards, that helps the users to experience the hot speed mode.
- It comes with detachable antennas, also it is user friendly.
- It is compatible with all the operating systems.
- It has an easy installation process.
- It is completely user friendly.
- Though it provides easy gaming and steaming experience sometimes, it shows inconsisten network connection.
8. Rose will wi fi adapter
This PCIe wifi adaptor is considered as best buy from Rosewill. It is installed with the latest internet protocol. If you are searching for a top-notch wifi connection, then go for this wifi card. It is also the dual-band adaptor, which offers a bandwidth of 2.4GHz to 5GHz, and the internet speed goes up to the speed of 876Mbps. It is a value for money adaptor.
- The heat sink method clubbed with beamforming technology.
- Reliable network connectivity.
- This adaptor is not recommended for playing multiplayer online games for its network connectivity issues.
9. TP-Link Archer T9E AC 1900
Usually, high internet speed connectivity serves the purpose of gaming freaks. This PCIe wi fi cards are mostly used to play online games, and surprisingly it provides up to 1300 Mbps speed with the help of the adaptor. Considering the facts of speed and connections, it is on the top and capturing most of the market values. It is loved by most of the users for its superior network strength.
- It is not costly.
- It has three external antennas that help in producing strong connectivity ranges.
- HD video streaming options help in playing online games hassle-free.
- As this PCIe wifi card is installed with beam-forming technology, it helps its users, even when using it from a large distance.
- If you are using the Linux operating system, then this PCIe wifi card is not recommended.
- While using Windows 10, you may face extra download installation steps.
10. Gigabyte GC – WB86 7D – I Rev
The most important feature of this card, it provides Bluetooth accessibility as well. Bluetooth enables help in Enhanced data Rate (EDR) support in this system. It provides seamless streaming and gaming with no hang problems.
So this can be a perfect buy for you, with all the functions you are always wanting to have. It has Bluetooth 4.2 connectivity. It has a robust external antenna with the support of WLAN for 2Tx2R transmission.
- It offers an excellent connection up to 867 Mbps.
- It enables Bluetooth connectivity which is an added advantage.
- The extra antennas set up provides excellent coverage.
- Along with the wireless card, you have to use a USB port.
11. TP-LINK AC 1200
TP-Link AC 1200 offers top-notch performance as it comes with heat sink technology. It helps in distributing the heat while playing online games. If you stream online games in 4K HD mode, it does not overheat. Also, the external antennas can provide coverage up to a 2x secure and stable connection. It is considered to be one of the overall best wifi cards.
- Beamforming technology takes the network coverage to the next level of PCIe wifi card.
- The external antennas always offer the best signals.
- The inconsistent network coverage issues may demotivate you while playing online video games.
12. Fenvi PCIe wifi Adapter Card wifi 6 AX200 PCIe wi – fi6 802.11ax card PC Internet Network Wireless
It supports a maximum speed of 2.4 Gbps on the 5GHz band around 574 Mbps, which uses the 2.4 GHz band. It is easy to install. The antenna gets a great reception. It has driver customizations as well. This card is able to utilize 160mhz frequency. The downside of having a basic driver is customization. You can use this card with AX driver also.
- It is easily plugin and it can be operated with Linux Operating System.
- You can expect internet connection speed up to 3000 Mbps.
- It does not get installed with the operating system Windows 10.
- The antenna cable was shorter than expected.
13. Asus PCE – AX 58BT :
It is a wifi 6 adapter. It has NextGen wi-fi standard to have better efficiency and throughput. It also has Bluetooth accessibility with 5.0 faster. The data coverage transfers data up to twice as fast as before with the 4X range.
- It has wi-fi speed of 3000 Mbps, and it can easily handle the busiest network ever.
- It helps in reducing the dead zones with external antennas.
- The wi – fi 6 technology is an added advantage
- The crowded networks can be easily handled with 2.7X faster wi-fi.
- Few people have said, it is a little problematic for the people who use Mac.
14. EDUP EP – AC9636 :
This wi-fi network card has wi- fi 6 technology. It also delivers higher peak data rates and up to 4x capacity in dense or congested environments. Its speed up to 2400 Mbps over 5GHz. It has 5.0 Bluetooth technology. For desktop online gaming, this wi – fi card is considered as best.
- It has excellent compatibility. It supports the most loved operating system windows 10.
- It upgrades your wi – fi speed up to 3000Mbps.
- For setting up, it is a little problematic. You have to search for Bluetooth and wifi.
- You may need to ensure the adaptor
- You may find a problem , while downloading the driver from the CD, then you have to go through their mentioned website.
15. TP-Link TL – WN 781D 150 Mbps wireless N PCI express adapter
It provides an end-to-end wireless performance from the server or from the server backbone to the switch infrastructure. It fits with any standard PCI Express slot x1, x2, x8, x16. So, it can be compared with the standard PCI network. Its frequency is 2.400 – 2.4835GHz. For beginners, it is a well informed wi – fi card.
- It has WPA / WPA2 encryptions.
- The detachable antennas, which can be replaced with diverse antennas to show even greater flexibility and wider wireless coverage.
- Antennas are small that you can not use for gaming purposes.
- 5.0 GHz coverage is not up to the mark.
We hope that you have outlined an idea for choosing the best PCIe wifi card for pc. The features along with the pros and cons, everything has been mentioned in this article. We sure hope that you can enjoy the wifi cards and its high-speed network connections.